I wrote this in high school, around eight years ago. But it still gives me hope. Sometimes I feel like the things I wrote in my early days are better than what I write now. Maybe because they came straight from the soul…. It’s a feeling that can’t be put into words….
I didn’t give up
I walked on glass and slowly I fell
Destiny came by and said, “it was fates will.”
Hope eagerly screamed this isn’t the end
Get back up and do as you dreamed
But I fell so hard that no one picked me up
Failure was laughing telling me to stop
Doubt walked over me and trampled me down
I couldn’t get up, but I couldn’t lose
This was my journey and my right to choose
I quickly rose up to get what was mine
Only foot prints of blood followed me behind
This wasn’t the end, I had to go very far
I lost only a battle, but the war was still on
Photo by Tobias Bjørkli from Pexels
I am the taunts of failure
the echoes of death
I am the breaking of hope
the words of a last breath
I am the cruelty of fate
the loss of a friend
I am the road untaken
the path to an end
I am the days of despair
the empty droughts of a desert
I am the bird without wings
the loneliness of hurt
I am the sad farewell
the sorrow in goodbye
I am the pain of a wound
the salt in tearing eyes
I am the ruins of a canvas
the sound of fading colors
I am the wreckage of storms
the parting of old lovers
I am the closing of doors
the breaking of dreams
I am the silence of helplessness
I am the wails of grief
I am everything unpleasant
I am poison
I am the uncured
but however I am
Just promise me
I’m not mine, but can I be yours?
Poetry from: Curing My Venom
Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Pexels
Ten harsh lessons I’ve learned through life
- Sometimes the people that are supposed to pick you up will be the reason for your fall. They’ll walk over you and then blame you for crashing.
- People will take advantage of your kindness. They’ll strip you of everything because they want to cover themselves up.
- People who mean the world to you, will choose the world over you.
- The world will be on your side as long as you’re winning
- Just because you’re a kind person that does not mean that everyone else will be kind to you. The world won’t reciprocate the same attitude you put into it.
- Having morals and being ethical will sometimes break you to the point where you’ll lose your faith in everything.
- Being righteous and just will sometimes be the reason for your failure. Taking the right route will lead you to the wrong destination.
- Desperate times create desperate people, who are broken and tend to break others, so they could feel whole.
- Sometimes you can work hard and smart, but you will still fail because luck (destiny, God, life) wasn’t in your favor
- Life has favorites. It picks and chooses who to destroy and who to create. You’re an experiment.
- “God does not play dice.” Everything happens for a reason, but how you react to these events depends on you.
Photo by freestocks.org from Pexels